XMG Studio Inc.
Current Job Openings
Mobile Game Designer
XMG Studio is an award-winning developer of hit video games for mobile devices. Founded in late 2009, XMG has been pushing the app envelope to create innovative titles for casual gamers. The company’s core focus is to develop properties that allow players to actively immerse themselves in our games. Whether it is the incredible customization feature in Drag Racer Pro Tuner, or the experimental touch mechanic in Cows vs. Aliens, XMG’s portfolio of mobile casual games all seek to drive the maximum in user engagement through innovation. Based in Toronto, Canada, XMG is presently one of the largest independent mobile game studio’s in the emerging app economy and has been named one of Canada’s Top 50 Most Engaged Workplaces(TM). For more information visit www.xmg.com, follow XMG onTwitter.com/xmgstudio or become a fan on facebook.com/xmgstudio. This position is located in Toronto. Must currently be eligible to work in Canada.
- Responsible for working closely with Project Managers, Developers, Artists, Testing to deliver game updates on schedule
- Responsible for working with Analytics and Data Analysts to design and prototype new features to go into our games
- Manage and maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining XMG’s high standard of quality
- Balance game resources and economy within the core, social meta-game and monetization model daily.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with team and throughout worldwide studio.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design and leadership.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- 2+ year's industry experience in a social, mobile or console game design position
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual and classic arcade/simulation game genres.
- Interest in new monetization and business models as they relate to game design.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred but not required
How to apply
Please include a cover letter outlining why you think you’re ready to be a Game Designer, and what your interests are within game development. Don’t forget to tell us what your favourite games are. Also, the types of things you look for in a great game.